Monday 8 March 2010

Someone, Somewhere (in summer time)

Someone, somewhere is getting ready to donate their bone marrow to Kay. This person will undergo a procedure which will involve bone marrow being taken from out of their pelvis and, I believe, a stay of a day or two in hospital, not without some discomfort and risk. This person doesn’t know to whom their bone marrow will be given, just that a life depends on their philanthropic deed.

Just think about this: this person is donating to Kay their stem cells, the very essence of their physical being. To save her life. Can there be a more wonderful, selfless act?

I am in awe of this person. I have no idea who they are, where they may be, but nevertheless I’d like them to know that there are a lot of people here, led by Marion and I, who want to thank them from the bottom of our hearts, from the depths of our souls.

May they live a long, healthy and peaceful life.


Your comments are most welcome...

3 comments:

  1. I have been following this blog for a while now. I stumbled across it as I researched leukemia for a novel I'm writing, and I have shed some tears reading about Kay. I just want you to know that you are touching the hearts of strangers with your posts. It IS extraordinary to think of the person who's willing to suffer his or her own discomfort to help someone else. Your beautiful Kay puts a face this disease. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and the donor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that there is a date set for the BMT. This takes away some amount of stress although it is very little compared to the anxiety that is left. Wish I could help you through those heavy weeks!
    Concerning the donor: it is indeed the greatest form of chevalery to risk your life for saving another's. One should give more attention to those people!
    Kay, congratulations on your victory!
    Viviane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay,
    I just read about all your sport! Wow, you are amazing! I have been trying to get to the gym for 3 months, now I am ashamed and have promised myself 'no more excuses'! Thank you for being my inspiration. I will make sure I go so that I can keep up with you when I see you next.

    And, have you seen how many people all around the world are sending you their love. It's quite amazing, if you pile all that love up, you could probably get to the moon!!!!

    Missing you darling, and hope to see you soon (just checking my air miles as we speak!)...

    Love from Aunty Ozzie Ali & Dominic

    ReplyDelete