Friday 11 June 2010

T+49 (Morning): Fever back again

Yesterday evening passed fairly quietly, surprisingly. None of the nausea that we've been struggling with at home. Yet I gave her her meds in the same sequence as at home. Perhaps I took longer than Marion, I allowed an hour between each med. But also she was given intravenous Zofran (anti-sickness) before the meds, which may have made the difference. We'll do it today without the zofran.

Irrespective, unfortunately at 1.30am I was woken by Kay being sick. This is a different thing to the persistent nausea, she was suddenly and without warning sick, same as Wednesday night. So maybe this is a symptom of whatever bug she is suffering from now. Once she had been cleaned up and settled down, she slept through the rest of the night, although the oxygen flow rate had to be turned up because her O2 sats dropped further. This morning she had a fever again, 39.1C, and she's completely miserable and withdrawn. She's also lost more weight, now down to 27.8kg from 28kg.

The decision remains not to start her on antibiotics without first knowing what the problem is, so at the moment she just has to suffer while we wait for the various test results to come and a diagnosis to be reached. I do hope that that is not a long wait, I'm aching to see my little girl smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment