Monday 3 May 2010

T+10: Day by Day

Kay continues to do well although we are now into the period when she has absolutely no resistance. According to Marion - I have been at the office for the greater part of the day - Kay spent most of the day sleeping. Her blood levels remain extremely low with her leukocyte count off the scale. She had a platelet transfusion as expected. Her red count is still dropping but still above the level that a transfusion would be required.

This evening I continued to feed Kay's addiction to "House" (which I share, I have to admit). We got through episodes 17 & 18 of series one, so we still have a long way to go yet. But we were very satisfied that House got Vogler in the end. I do wonder how a child who has been subjected to so much medicine can be so addicted to a medical series. We were lying there this evening watching a scene in which the camera focussed on the various fluid lines running into a patient. Kay has more, right next to her bed. Weird.

We had a lot of responses to Kay's dance videos here, on youtube and in response to Marion's emails. It's so good to hear from everyone. These are long days and the messages that we get break them up. I gather that many people have the habit of reading Marion's email over breakfast. Equally we look forward to seeing what responses we get the morning after a posting. I know that many people simply don't know what to say to us. I'm not sure that I know what to say to us. But it doesn't matter, it's the thought that counts.

Kay is lying in bed now, lightly snoring away. Such a lovely sound.

2 comments:

  1. I have loved the video on you tube,
    have a lovely day et bon courage a tous
    alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaytje,
    So far, so good hé. Except for the fact that you still have to stay in the hospital! I bet you would give the world to get out and see what is going on outside. But for the moment it is the safest place to be, just in case and considering your resistance. We keep our fingers crossed!
    I read that you like "House" al lot. I've never seen it and now I want to watch. But I think I have to start with the first episode don't I? Otherwise I probably cannot follow. I'll have to see and buy the series somewhere.
    On the video you said to send it to Juf Esther. She must have been very glad to see you so cheerful, we all were by the way.
    Keep your spirit high Kaytje and I bet you will get out very soon.
    Hug,
    Viviane

    ReplyDelete