Monday 10 May 2010

T+15 & 16: Four in a Bed

I've been a bit lax with updating the blog for the last couple of days, mostly because I have been too tired in the evenings to put pen to metaphorical paper but also because not much worth reporting has happened. We have enjoyed a few days with Natasha, although that made us miss Lauren more than usual. On Saturday Kay & Nattie got themselves lost in the Sims 3 to the extent that it felt like we were missing a couple of people. In the evening all four of us squeezed onto Kay's bed and did some family vegatating in front of the TV. Fun for a while, but rather cramped and sweaty after a couple of hours.



Yesterday was Mother's Day and both Kay and Nattie made Marion some very nice presents. The above picture shows Marion reading the card that Nattie had made for her. I have some nice photos of Kay giving Marion her present but Kay's blogging rules do not allow me to publish photos of her without her headscarf on, so I'm afraid that you'll have to miss those.

I worked out how to set up an ad-hoc wireless LAN using my laptop. This allowed us to connect my iPad and the girls iPod Touch's together so that we could play a networked game of Uno. This was very cool for a while. But for some reason Uno kept reporting a network error and we couldn't managed to finish a game :-( So the girls went back to the Sims.

Later in the afternoon I played a round of Room Hockey with Kay, which was great fun. Kay managed about 10 minutes before her legs needed a rest, which then turned into a short snooze.

Nattie & I headed back to the McD house early, since I planned to go to the office today. But I had another terrible night's sleep, waking up at 3am and only dozing after that. At 6:45 I attempted to get out of bed but I was so dizzy with tiredness that I reckoned that I'd be a danger to other road users if I tried driving. So I emailed the office and flopped back into bed. I felt like a complete lazy sod, frankly. But then it's not like me to lie around if I don't need to, so take your pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment