Thursday 22 April 2010

T-1: Big Day Tomorrow

Its seems that we're set for the transplant tomorrow, in theory between 12:00 and 2:00pm. What a long long road we seem to have travelled to get here and yet, we still have a long way to go. I have a problem getting this into my head because Kay seems to be in such good condition. But by way of illustration, Marion tells me that the child in the room next door to Kay returned home from her transplant on New Year's Eve. But now she's been back for some weeks with a difficult viral infection.

Still, tomorrow will be a turning point from treatment to recovery. And we're all looking forward to that.

Kay has been good today. She got over the nausea from the morning and has been pretty active all day. Natasha has been here all day and the two have been hanging out together. The damned Webchair software is not working properly which means that Kay is struggling to hook into her class for lessons. I'm trying to find what the problem is c.q. get some help, but to no avail so far. The Webchair support guy said, "it works on a Mac and we know that there are problems with the Windows version". Not much good since the hospitals PC's are all Windows. Also its something of a perverse attitude from the Webchair people. But I digress...

I keep finding myself thinking about the donor and what a wonderful gift they have given Kay, essentially the gift of life. No words can possibly express how grateful I/we are to this person. I hope that they quickly recover from their procedure and live a blessed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment