Wednesday 28 April 2010

T+5: The Boyfriend Visits

I'd better write this down before I forget: today is the day that Kay's "vriendje" (ie boyfriend) is coming to visit. She has pointed this out to everyone who has entered her room this morning. She has been selecting her clothes and asking me for advice about which shoes to wear. She had a discussion with Leonie (duty nurse) about what knickers to put on, which left me with some fairly deep reservations.

Leonie suggested that she decouple Kay before the visit so that Kay could shower and sort out her hair. Also various different smells and hair finishes were proposed. But Kay was having none of it. "Just how much trouble do you think I'm going to go to?" was her reply to Leonie as she brushed off the idea of putting lotion in her hair. "He can take me as he finds me". Ha! I wonder how much longer that will last.

Still, in my role as father, I have to put this young fellow to the test. So I'm planning to queue up Kay's bed pans and get him to empty them during the visit. We'll soon find out just how far his attraction to Kay goes...

Ah, the joys of being the father of girls. I have lots of "Cosby" plans for putting off young men, including some variations on the "La Cage aux Folles" theme. Can't wait... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment