Saturday 18 September 2010

Back to Yesterday

Kay's state seems to have stabilised at around the same level as yesterday afternoon, before she was switched onto self-triggered ventilation. The last blood gas showed that O2 was good but CO2 still too high. Next blood gas at 6pm.

I forgot to mention that her CRP this morning was about 15% worse than yesterday and still high. Her chest xray was no better than yesterday.

In the meantime we have stood down from an active Alarm Phase 2. (Definition: phase 2 I SMS immediate friends and family that Kay's situation has taken a turn for the worse. Phase 1, I press the panic button and phone them. Tuesday evening was Phase 1)

I thought that Marion looked as though she'd been put through the mangler this afternoon. Then I went and had a shower and saw myself in the mirror... Could probably get a role in the remake of the Thriller video. When we're through this I plan to spend some long afternoons snoozing in bed with Kay.

How's it going, fish?

5 comments:

  1. The fish here are still pushing! We have a lot of energy left so we will give everything we can. Just wanted we could do more!
    Every minute,
    Viviane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still swimming in Wales, pushing against the tide.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge group of fishes pushing very hard here in Poynton and around.
    Here's hoping you have a reasonably restful night - you certainly need it. Hang in there Marion and Rob.
    With you in spirit all night. Praying for the miracle.
    Love and hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fishes also pushing here in Cheltenham!
    Come on Kay !!!
    Lots of Love Helen x x x
    Uncle Richard x x x
    Dave, Lynne, Josh and Jacob x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob, night shift taking over! I will keep rounding up the fish over here. People you don't know praying and willing for you. My best friends back home too. (Thanks Geraldine and Evelyn).

    We will be with Kay all through this night. We do our breathing together.

    Love you, amazing Brother .... And, hey, you always looked like something from a Thriller video .... But, I have to say that, I'm your little sister!!!

    ReplyDelete