Saturday 11 September 2010

Parents Flat Out

This morning we dropping in on Kay at 7am, as has become our habit. We when back to bed with a cup of tea and the virtual newspaper. But then both of us went knock-out for a further two hours. When we woke we hurriedly dressed and went back to Kay. But in the course of the morning my battery went flat and Marion didn't look any better. I went back to the McD house with the intent to get on my bike, but lay on the bed first to assess how tired I felt and whether I should cycle or not. The answer came itself, in about 30secs I went unconscious for around two hours. I think I only woke up because I got hungry. Now eating and heading back to see how Marion is doing. And Kay of course, but I think it's Marion who needs immediate attention. See if she has slept/wants to have a snooze.

2 comments:

  1. You two are exhausted and I would use some of the time whilst Kay is in the coma to recharge some of your batteries without feeling a guilt trip because you are not in the room with her. She is going to want a lot of care and attention when she wakes so take the time to rest - doctors orders!
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not surprised you're wiped out after the week you've just gone through!
    Best to get some real rest if you can , before you subject your body to a gruelling cycle-ride. Fresh air and a bit of exercise will no doubt, be good, but neither of you should push yourselves at the moment.
    There speaks Auntie Linda!!!
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete