Wednesday 8 September 2010

Quiet Afternoon

Not much to report. BP remains good (not that their share price reflects it... HaHa!) pulse, saturation, etc, all ok. Dialysis had to be stopped to replace the filter, a process that took a couple of hours and involved about 5 different people. Just had a meeting with the Docs, conclusion much as I already mentioned. Small improvement, situation remains critical. Tomorrow the lung culture is planned along with an attempt to fit a feeding tube into her small intestine using a scope. Kay will be able to join the circus as a sword swallower after this. Tonight they will attempt to further reduce O2 and various other support drugs.

Marion's promised Kay that we will all go to EuroDisney. I've told her that even in extremis I'm not going to agree to any such promise. Disney Hell is the only thing I can imagine that's worse than IC - talk about a stick on the end of a carrot. Meanwhile I'm working on my plan for a new theme park based on modern interpretation of Dante's Inferno. Will include such experiences as irradiating your child, discovering your child in a coma, inducing allergic reactions in people and finally, balancing the life of your child on the head of a pin. Fun for all the family.

12 comments:

  1. Hanging onto every bit of good news.
    Disneyland is my idea of hell too, but I prefer it to your theme park idea!
    Take care - still thinking of you all - all day
    L xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I volunteer to go to EuroDisney for you. No problem.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am backing Marion all the way on this one. If Kay wants Euro Disney then she will deserve it after all the trauma she is going through. I am not sure she won't up the anti and choose Florida though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever read the great literary classic "Eat your peas" by Kes Gray? I used to read it every night to the girls when they were (even) smaller. They still like it. So do I.

    The basic idea is that Daisy's mum offers her daughter increasingly, ridiculously exaggerated rewards if only she will eat her peas. "Five swimming pools, all the chocolate you can eat, your very own zoo..." etc. One of the ultimate offers is that they (Mother and Daughter) will move to DisneyLand.

    In the end, Daisy settle for a fluffy new pencil case but... and I give you this to reflect on... she demands also that her mother drops the hypocrisy in that she herself does not eat Brussels sprouts. But they both like deserts. Moral: do not demand of your mother EuroDisney before you eat your peas. Oh, and find your 'just deserts'.

    Love,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who said that Disney is ok? I need to have some words with you behind the bike shed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you still have a sense of humour which is amazing.
    I love Eurodisney - still a big kid.
    Take care
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone's sense of humor is back!
    I'm liking all these bits of good news.
    I'm a Disneyworld fan. I'd live there if I could. Hope we can still be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can do so much better than Disney. It's a stay at Pallazo Versace on the Gold Coast (kind of a Disney for you and Marion) and Sea World, Movie World etc for the girls... I am just waiting for the day ... Come on Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see that there is some humor left in you Rob! I do not know but will the bike shed be big enough????
    Viviane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm.... Discovered a new social phenomena: pro-Disney people respond via the blog, anti via email. So obviously it's considered antisocial or shameful to hate queuing for hours in blistering heat with thousands of other people just to experience 30secs of tamed G forces or 3 mins of stupid stereotypical racially typecast dolls singing "it's a small world". Maybe I should learn a lesson and just respond to myself via email. Apologies, disney lovers. Mickey is cool though, especially as he's stuck with Kay for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rob,

    You think Eurodisney is a Hell? Drinking a cup of tea on a sunday morning with my mother-in-law, that's what you can call HELL ;-)

    Gtrz,

    Arno

    Ps: I hope so that Jojo is not reading this ;(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate Disney but if it puts a smile on Kay's face then I am all for promoting it on her behalf - of course I am not the one having to take her so it does make it slightly easier to back her 100%
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete