Saturday 4 September 2010

Condition critical but stable

Kay's condition is stable and the ic doctors are satisfied so far. They have been able to reduce the ventilation a bit and her saturation has remained good. Her temp is bouncing between 38.9 and 38.4, at the moment it's on its way up again. No sign yet that the medication is working but her condition is not getting worse. The big question is how long she can be kept in this state before her body starts failing and whether the medication is effective before then. In the best case she will be in ic for the next week at least. But the situation remains critical and we can only live from minute to minute. My brother is here with us, which is a huge help, we've been talking shop all afternoon. Nice to have such an interesting business as Verum at a time like this. Sorry for the lack of formatting but my iPad doesn't like the google blog editor very much.

I wish... ...to hold my Kay in my arms and give her the biggest Daddy's cuddle in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Think I can speak for every one of your readers when I say we all wish the same for you.

    Holding you all in our hearts
    Linda & Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always here and thinking of you all.
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete