Thursday 9 September 2010

KayTube

Kay's valiantly withstood two invasive procedures this afternoon. The first was a deep dive into her lungs to remove samples for various cultures and investigations. She remained stable throughout, even under duress. The second involved putting a scope down her throat, through her stomach and into her small intestine so as to be able to accurately place a feeding tube directly into her intestines. Again she withstood the whole procedure very well. But Daddy being Daddy, I videoed the endoscopy for posterity: KayTube on YouTube?

Well, maybe not. But I am starting to build up a collection of material so that we can show Kay "While you were sleeping...", but then the version without Sandra Bullock. (There's a question for Kay; would you prefer to watch Sandra Bullock or an Endoscopy of your own stomach and small intestine?). Kay was still stable when I came down here to write this entry. But I'd better head back and find out how she's doing.

Marion had a bad night and is now sleeping. I think I'm going to put my feet up in Kay's room and vegitate for a bit.

BTW, I just met one of the oncologists. She told me that they now considered that Kay was hanging from two threads. So much the better.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all your updates. Grab some well earned rest.

    ReplyDelete